Question: I downloaded several ebooks onto my computer and now I do not know how to put them onto my Kobo ereader?
There are three programs we teach you how to use. They are all free: USB cable, Adobe Digital Editions .
And if the books are DRM protected, you may need a eBook DRM Removal bundle to remove drm protection and help you achieve your goal.
Method 1: USB Cable and Windows Explorer
- Step 1: Connect your Kobo to the computer with its USB cable.
- Step 2: Open “My Computer”, choose “Removable Disk”, open the “My Document” folder.
- Step 3: Drag the e-book from computer hard drive, and drop it in the “My Documents” folder in the Kobo drive folder.
- Step 4: Un-plug the USB cable, Turn on your Kobo, find the book in the “My Documents” folder. Or you can also do a search job for the book title.
Method 2: Adobe Digital Editions (read protected books on Kobo)
Adobe Digital Editions is a program primarily used for managing eBooks and transferring ebooks you have purchased from ePub eBookStores to your device. You also have the ability to copy over books you have borrowed from the library. What’s more, even if your book has DRM protection, you can use this program to transfer the book to your Kobo. We show you how to transfer book to Kobo by Adobe Digital Editions.
- Step 1: Click on the Library View within Adobe Digital Editions. Titles you have downloaded are listed on the right panel.
- Step 2: You will see the file copy to the kobo. The title is now transferred to the device. On a PC, click “Safely Remove Hardware” icon on the lower right of your monitor. Then click the “Safely Remove USB Mass Storage Device” box.
- Step 3: Goto ereader Library. The book you just downloaded will appear under “Library.” Scroll down to the title. Touch “View item details and options.” Touch “Read” to begin reading your eBook.