You borrow a epub book from public library, but you can’t read epub in Kindle 3 that doesn’t support drm epub format, epub with DRM protection means that you can’t read in Kindle. Fortunately, you can remove DRM protection, convert to Mobi format and read it freely in Kindle reader.
This tutorial is to remove your existing epub drm digital books and documents into ePub format.
Difficulty Level: Easy
What You Need:
- A epub book with DRM that download using Digital editions, install at here
- A Winndows PC
- ePub DRM Removal : application that download from ebook converter
- Calibre , download at here
- Kindle or other ereader
1). Install Adobe Digital editions, you can skip to next step if you have already installed.
2). To get your epub ready to remove DRM protection, you must add DRM epub into Adobe Digital editions library if you download DRM epub from 3rd program other than Digital Editions,like sony reader, click “Library” button in toolbar, select “Add item to library”, find epub in Sony ebook folder, “My documnet\My books\Reader Library”, select ebook to add.
3) After add DRM epub in digital editions library, Run ePub DRM Removal, select epub books from Digital Editions library folder or Sony reader library folder, set output epub file location and filename.
4) When you’re ready to removal DRM protection , click “Removal ePub DRM” button. After a few seconds, you’ll have an ePub book in output folder.
5) Once find decrypted ePub file in Windows Explorer , run calibre and drag and drop new epub into calibre.
6). Select your file and click Convert E-books.
7). In the pop-up window that appears in the drop down box on the right hand side make sure that Output format is selected as Mobi format.
8). It will work fine and create a new azw file that support by Kindle, just copy new .azw file to Kindle, you can read Public library book in Kindle, enjoy reading….